These articles are written for someone who is a Casino Host or Player Development Executive.
(If you want to become a Host, then flip over to here.)
Here are some articles that cover the Host Essentials:
- Here are the basics for a new Host. Congratulations! Here’s how to be a Host
- You will meet new guests every day. Here are 5 ways to help people to immediately like you.
- And 5 thoughts on how to Use Your Eyes to build relationships.
- Communications in Player Development lays out the basis for interacting with players.
- Take the Emotional Intelligence Quiz! 20 faces and you have to identify the emotion. Every Host needs to know how to read peoples’s emotions.
- In addition to Emotional Intelligence, we can ask questions and show Respect. Look at these lovely reminders of the history of our Casino guests.
- How can you benefit from learning about your customers’ quirks and catering to them?
- As a host, you should be an expert at building and nurturing relationships.
- But be careful to always pay attention to perception of your behavior. Don’t mistake customers for friends. You need to drive, and Host, defensively!
- If you think about why your players are gambling, then you can focus on techniques to build their loyalty.
- For kicks and giggles, here are some War Stories from the PD Trenches
- Being disciplined! Read this article on Living in the Moment? Be Careful!
Beyond the Essentials
- The 10 Traits of Successful Hosts will help you to succeed and also keep you out of trouble. No reason to add extra stress to your already busy day.
- This can be a very unhealthy lifestyle and it will show on your face, your skin, and your waistline. Read some easy tips to get that Healthy Glow.
- What’s your personal style? Delta or Virgin Atlantic? And have you checked with your manager for their preference?
- Do you have guests that complain about offers? Yes, as a Host, you often have to pick up the pieces from the Direct Mail program.
A large part of your job involves reaching out to your players.
- Most of us do not like picking up the phone and making a cold call. In other words, calling someone when they don’t expect it. Here are 8 Tips on how to make those calls. You might be calling to invite them to an Event, or just to keep in contact.
- You need to call your coded players on a regular basis to keep the relationship alive and also because they have not played recently. You might struggle to come up with an excuse! Here are 7 Reasons to Call your guests so you are not just saying ‘Hi, How are you?‘ which is pretty lame.
- You will be sending out letters and cards. Yes, really! Here are some tips and disasters.
Growing the Business!
You are in the business of Player Development with emphasis on Development!
Sometimes you can run out of creative ideas on how to engage the Guests. Here are some tips.
Do you have a great idea for improving Guest Service but no-one wants to listen? Here are 6 Key Steps to Getting Your Way, which is a succinct guide to how to sell your ideas to Casino Management.
Have you been given goals? Here are some steps that you can take to build momentum and exceed your goals. 7 Steps for Hosts to Exceed Their Goals.
The Importance of Pace – it is important to know where you stand every day, and not at the end of the Quarter!
You can sign up to receive an email with each new article. We publish weekly. And if you’d like to submit an article of your own, please send it to email@example.com
Please use the Feedback link if you don’t find what you looking for!